You are here
Life on Campus
Mental health issues are on the rise on college campuses across the country. Better and accessible screening as well as earlier diagnosis of mental health conditions are critical to getting quality treatment and improving one's quality of life. This has allowed more students with mental health conditions to go on to college and be successful.
Living in a new environment outside the familiarity of home can create overwhelming and stressful circumstances. College students can greatly benefit from understanding that a certain amount of stress is normal, but that too much stress can be unhealthy and unproductive. Knowing the signs of stress, its causes and how to manage it can be a great tool in promoting and preserving good mental health.
Check out the links below for information about common issues facing college students:
- What's Your Plan? College with a Mental Health Disorder
- Balancing Work and School
- Taking a Leave of Absence: What You Need to Know
- Sleep and the Student - College Concerns
- Stressed or Depressed? Know the Difference
- Boost Your School Performance by Taking Care of You
- Top Ten Freshman Year Issues (and how to deal with them)
- Alcohol, Substance Abuse and Depression
- Winter Break Survival Tips for College Students