You are here
Take action on our latest alert
- Urge Your Members of Congress to Support Key Mental Health Legislation During August Recess
Mental Health America urges you to schedule visits with your Members of Congress and contact them to Support Key Mental Health Legislation During August Recess
- Help Make Parity a Reality: Tell Your Story
Although the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA) was enacted over four years ago, a final rule implementing the law has not yet been issued.
- 373,000 Children and Adults Will Lose Mental Health Services--Unless Congress Acts
373,000--That's the number of children and adults who will lose vital mental health services because of automatic budget cuts scheduled to take effect on March 1--unless Congress acts to prevent them.
- Let's Support Our Children: Urge Your Legislators to Cosponsor the Mental Health in Schools Act
As greater attention is being given to mental health in the aftermath of the Newtown tragedy, a critical component is addressing the mental health of our children.
- Tell Your Legislators: Protect Medicaid from Cuts in Fiscal Cliff Negotiations
Congress and the White House are currently negotiating over spending cuts and tax increases to avoid the fiscal cliff.
- Tell Congress to Act to Avoid Sequestration: Protect Mental Health Programs from Automatic Cuts
Tell Congress to Act to Avoid Sequestration: Protect Mental Health Programs from Automatic Cuts
- It's Time for a Final Rule on Parity
Urge Your Representative to Sign onto the Sullivan-Ryan Letter on a Final Parity Rule
- Contact Your Senators: Tell Them to Protect the Prevention and Public Health Fund
The Senate is expected to vote on a bill next Tuesday that could again target the Prevention and Public Health Fund as an offset for extending the current federal student loan rate.
- Conctact Your Representative: Tell Them to Oppose Dangerous House Budget Plan
The House of Representatives is expected to vote on a budget proposal as early as Wednesday, March 28, that would make dangerous cuts to Medicaid and likely lead to an increase in the number of Americans unable to receive essential care.
- What Does Health Reform Mean for You? Speak Out!
What Does Health Reform Mean for You? Speak Out!
- Call Congress Today: Tell Them to Protect the Prevention and Public Health Fund
Legislators in the Senate and House are currently negotiating longer-term extensions to the payroll tax, federal unemployment benefits, and Medicare reimbursement for physician
- Contact Your Members of Congress: Urge Them to Protect Young People
Every child should be safe and protected while in school.
- Contact Your Representative: Tell Them to Reject Cuts to Mental Health Services
A spending bill now before the House of Representatives would deliver a severe and crippling blow to mental health services and supports.
- Continue the Fight to Protect Medicaid: Contact Congress Today
Earlier this summer, Congress came to an agreement with President Obama that lifted the debt ceiling while protecting Medicaid from immediate cuts.
- Tell Congress: Oppose Balanced Budget Amendment
The House of Representatives is scheduled to vote the week of July 18 on a Balanced Budget Amendment (H.J.Res. 1) that would gut Medicaid and the safety net for mental health services.
- Virtual Lobby Day-June 9: Join Mental Health America's Capitol Hill Day from Your Home or Office
Virtual Lobby Day: Join Mental Health America's Capitol Hill Day from Your Home or Office Mental Health America affiliates and other advocates from across the country will go to Capitol Hill tomorrow, June 9, to tell Congress to act on many key issues.
- Tell Your Representative: Oppose Dangerous House Budget Plan
The House of Representatives is expected to vote on a budget proposal as early as Wednesday, April 13, that would make dangerous cuts to Medicaid and likely lead to an increase in the number of Americans unable to receive essential care.
- Contact Your House Member today. Tell Them to Vote Protect Mental Health Services
A spending bill for the remainder of the fiscal year released by the House GOP majority would dramatically cut critical services for people with mental health and substance use conditions.
- Tell Congress: Protect Health Care Reform
Leaders of the new House GOP Majority and Senate Republicans have announced they plan an "unrelenting" effort to attack the law now that outright repeal has failed.
- Tell Congress: Vote NO on Repeal of Health Reform
Your voice is needed to tell Congress that health care reform is critical to people with mental health and substance use conditions and must be allowed to move forward!
- Urge Your Senators To Cosponsor The Health Information Technology Extension for Behavioral Health Services Act of 2010 (S. 3709)
It is critical that you tell your Senators to cosponsor S. 3709. In order to improve care coordination and overall quality of care, mental health and addiction treatment providers must be encouraged to implement Health Information Technology.
- Contact Your Senators Today: Protect Prevention and Public Health Funding
We urge you to contact your Senators TODAY and tell them to oppose all attempts to use the Prevention and Public Health Fund (Fund) as an offset, including an amendment that is expected to be offered as early as Tuesday, September 14.
- Tell Your Senators: Protect Prevention and Public Health Funding
The creation this year of the Prevention and Public Health Fund (Fund) as part of the Affordable Care Act marked an historic investment Congress in much-needed preventive services. Take Action!
- Help End Discriminatory Practices for Gulf Coast Oil Spill Victims!
Kenneth Feinberg, the Administrator of the Independent Gulf Coast Claims Facility, said he would likely not be compensating individuals for mental illnesses that result from the disaster. Urge him change this discriminatory and wrong position.
- Medicaid Extension Still in Jeopardy
The American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes bill (H.R. 4213) still lacks enough support to make it through the Senate. Urge your Senator to support this extension of the increase in Medicaid funding. Take Action!
- Medicaid Crisis Contact Your Senators Today!
Urge your Senators to save crucial health care funding by adding back the extension of the Medicaid into the "American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 (HR 4213)"; before it's brought up on the Senate floor. Take Action!
- Call Your House Member--Tell Them to Vote for Essential Medicaid Funding
The House of Representatives is expected to vote TODAY (May 27th) on $26 billion in additional Medicaid funding to prevent cuts in coverage during the current economic downturn. take Action!
- Extend the Medicaid Funding Increase by SUPPORTING THE MEDICAID AND EDUCATION JOBS AMENDMENT to HR 1586
Contact Your Senators Today: Tell Your Senators to Extend the Medicaid Funding Increase by SUPPORTING THE MEDICAID AND EDUCATION JOBS AMENDMENT to HR 1586. Take Action!
- Tell Your Legislators: Extend the Increase in Medicaid Funding-FMAP
The House & Senate have passed legislation to extend this enhanced Medicaid rate which expires on June 30, 2011. But unless legislation extending this increase is enacted, states will be forced to make deep cuts. Take Action!
- Let's Keep All Students Safe: Contact Your Senator
MHA has joined a broad group of health and disability organizations in support of legislation that would for first time set minimum federal standards on the use of restraint and seclusion in all schools receiving federal support. Take Action!
- It's Time to Finish the Job On Health Care Reform: Contact Congress--Tell Them to Vote for Change
After months of debate and discussion, it's time to act on health care reform. The health care reform legislation waiting for a final push through Congress addresses many concerns. That's why we need you to contact your Senators and Representative!
- Tell Congress: Continue the Fight for Reform
Tell your Senators and Representative that they need to continue the fight for reform and complete action on an overhaul of the system and tell your Members of Congress how lack of insurance or inadequate coverage has harmed you or people you know.
- Tell Your Senators: Extend the Increase in Medicaid Funding
Contact your Senators and urge them to cosponsor S. 3000 and support action on legislation to extend increased federal support for Medicaid.
- Tell Congress: Don't Abandon the Fight for Reform
Tell Congress: Don't Abandon the Fight for Reform
- Urge Your Senators to Support Key Mental Health Amendment
Urge Your Senators to Support Key Mental Health Amendment to Health Reform Plan Would Establish Depression Treatment Centers
- October 20 is National Call-In Day for Health Reform.
Your voice is key in creating real health reform. Join millions of Americans around the country for a national Call-In Day to Congress on October 20 and tell your representatives:
- One Last Effort to Protect Last Year's Parity Law
Urge Your Representative to Sign onto Rep. Patrick Kennedy's Letter in Support of Strong Parity Regulations
- Make Access to Mental Health Services a Key Part of Reform
Members of Congress are back home for the July 4th recess. Urge them to improve access to mental health and substance abuse treatment and prevention services and increase coordination between these services and primary care as key elements of health care
- Senate Committee to Act on Health Care Reform TODAY!
Last week the Senate Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee released a draft health care reform bill that would expand coverage for the uninsured and establish new programs to improve health care quality.
- Help Stop PTSD Suicides
This important letter is from Matt Kuntz, one of our featured speakers at Mental Health America's Centennial Conference (June 10-13, 2009). We first heard about Matt's story last year from then Senator Obama on the campaign trail.
- Health Reform Alert
Congressional leaders and the Obama Administration are committed to acting on a health care reform plan this spring. With legislators making key decisions on what is included in legislation, they need to hear from you.
RSS Sign Up
Stay in-touch with what's happening on the Hill!
The Free RSS feed includes headlines and summaries of the action alerts