Forensic Trends: Psychiatric & Behavioral Issues
May 27, 2009
until May 30, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The forensic specialty is without doubt one of the fastest growing fields in mental health care, bringing with this growth an urgent need for education. Not only does this apply to those who practice exclusively in a forensic setting, but also to the many professionals whose daily practice may at times include interface and interaction with survivors or perpetrators of interpersonal violence. In addition, as the incidence of violence continues in a globally upward trend, the need for professionals possessing a solid knowledge foundation as well as the ability to think outside the box will also increase dramatically.
In order to meet this education challenge, Contemporary Forums, in collaboration with the American Institute of Forensic Education (AIFE), is pleased to invite you to attend the second annual Forensic Trends: Psychiatric & Behavioral Issues conference. This international symposium will examine the theory, assessment strategies and interventions which will produce the best possible legal and therapeutic outcomes for those encountering the medico-legal system. Our faculty of experts will assist you in translating theory into practical clinical applications. Bring your questions and take part in thoughtprovoking discussions in an environment conducive to learning, exchanging ideas and networking with colleagues.
Highlights of the 2009 conference include:
- An international, multidisciplinary faculty of experts who are thought leaders and active practitioners in the forensic arena.
- A full-day Preconference focusing on multiple aspects of Sexual Predators including perspectives on assessment, treatment, special populations and the multi-faceted concepts of denial, deception and manipulation.
- 16 Concurrent Session topics offering in-depth content to meet a variety of unique educational needs and interests.
- NEW! Conference Luncheon and presentation by D.P. Lyle, MD, award winning author, TV consultant and online resource for mystery writers and readers.
- Case study reviews, small group discussions, and faculty panels integrated within the didactic content in order to bring the information to life.
- Ample opportunities to interact, collaborate, exchange ideas and build relationships with both faculty and colleagues across professional and geographic borders.
- Mark your calendar now, share this information with your colleagues, and plan on attending what promises to be a dynamic and unique educational conference. See you in Las Vegas!
Paul Thomas Clements, PhD, APRN, BC, CGS, DF-IAFN
Dian Williams, PhD, RN, LNC, DF-IAFN
Mary K. Sullivan, MSN, RN-BC, CARN, FAAFS
Jeannine Strunk, BSN, RN
Share your events
Email all events you wish posted to the Mental Health Event Calendar to email@example.com.