Jack Akester, Ph.D.
Jack Akester, Ph.D. is a retired pharmaceutical research professional with an extensive background in scientific and administrative management of clinical research and drug development.
Dr. Akester has particular expertise in study design/protocol preparation, study management and monitoring, clinical data interpretation and report writing, scientific and regulatory document management, study site selection, source document verification. His experience includes:
- 1974-1995, American Cyanamid Company, Medical Research Division, Senior Clinical Research Association-Clinical Investigation Department, 1981-1995.
- Clinical study analyst, 1974-1981.
- ICI America Inc., Stuart Pharmaceutical Division, project coordinator, 1971-1974, group leader(cardiovascular), 1968-1971.
- Education: Post-doctorate, University of Iowa Medical School; Ph.D., pharmacology, West Virginia University Medical Center; M.S., pharmacology, University of Cincinnati Graduate School; B.A., zoology, Ohio State University.
- Professional memberships: American Heart Association, Associates of Clinical Pharmacology, Western Pharmacology Society, American Society for Microbiology.