You are here
2018 Conference Awards
Each year, Mental Health America (MHA) recognizes outstanding work in the field by its affiliates, young people and adult mental health consumers. All award recipients will be honored during events held at Mental Health America’s 2018 Annual Conference, June 14-16, in Washington, DC.
This year, MHA will be distributing:
- The Clifford W. Beers Award
- The Media Award (multiple recipients)
- The mPower Award
- The George Goodman and Ruth P. Brudney Social Work Award
- The Innovation in Programming Award
- The Mental Health Corporate Excellence Award (new this year!)
Who is Eligible?
- Each award has different eligibility criteria, which are outlined in this brochure.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Previous nominees who did not receive an award may be nominated again
How Can I Nominate a Person or Program?
In addition to filing the form, you must submit:
- A Nomination Statement (required): Your nomination statement should include relevant biographical information about the nominee and describe how the nominee meets the award criteria.
- Any Additional Materials for Statement
Nomination statement and supporting material should not exceed seven pages in total.
Electronic submissions are strongly preferred. Email submissions should be sent to Erin Wallace at email@example.com with the subject title: Submission: 2018 Awards Program.
If you cannot submit electronically through the online application or email, package the nomination form, statement and relevant supplemental materials in one notebook, binder, or folder. The entire packet must not exceed seven pages in length. Do not send videos, books or CDs. Packets will not be returned.
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2018 at 5PM EST. Winners will be announced by April 30, 2018.
Hard copies should be sent to:
2018 Awards Program
c/o Erin Wallace
Mental Health America
500 Montgomery Street, Suite 820
Alexandria, VA 22314
(Please note: emailed submissions must have signature of consent)
A hi-resolution photo (for promotional purposes) will be requested of each award recipient once selections have been made.